#altc …. getting connected!
Edited by ALT
August 22, 2014 1:51 pm
Welcome to the ALT Annual Conference 2014 networking site. This site is designed to help you make connections between people and knowledge as well as helping you engage in this year’s conference. It’s main purpose is to help you to:
- plan the sessions you want to attend either in person and, where available, as an online participant from the Programme;
- discover and connect with other participants with a searchable profile; and
- contribute to to the discussion either directly on this site or by tagging content with #altc which is collected in the Reader.
Many of the features on this site like the programme and streamed sessions are available without a login. For other features of this site you need register which is free!
Our top tips for getting connected
We have a number of video ‘how-to’ guides to help you get started but if you want to dive in we suggest:
- Login and click ‘My Profile’ (top right) to View, Edit and Change your avatar
- Find some friends
- Browse the Programme to find sessions you want to follow/attend (clicking on the session title gives more information about the session and see any discussion)
- Find some more people to connect with by seeing who else is attending from the sessions Members tab
Still want to do more?
- if you blog you can register it in your profile in Edit > Additional tab and any posts with #altc in the title or content will be collect it in the Reader and distribute it to all registered users subscribed to the Daily Conference Newsletter
- See how the conversation is connected on Twitter
- Add yourself to the participant map shown below here
Try our Help section and if you are still having problems email email@example.com
Add yourself to the participant map here