The workshop will be in 3 parts.
- A vision of the successful change agent 30mins – Following a brief introduction, participants will form small groups where they will be allocated a particular technology challenge via a scenario. Using a card sort methodology they will identify and develop a rationale for the range of skills and attributes they believe are required to bring about the necessary change identified in the scenarios. These will be aligned to specific skillset domains for both staff and students.
- CPD Discussion 20mins – Participants will break back into groups to consider the sorts of opportunities that might be available to enhance their development of skills and attributes. They will consider their own skillset against the findings in 1 above and discuss how they need to work with their institutions to support effective staff-student partnership. A rapporteur from each group will briefly present back and discuss the strategies they chose and why.
Summary and close (10mins) – review of core ideas and take-away suggestions focusing on individual and institutional actions.
Participants will benefit by:
- Identifying and discussing a range of skills/attributes required by successful staff and student change agents;
- Evaluating their own skillset;
- Identifying the likely changes the institution needs to take to support student partnerships and what their role in this might be.
A range of resources available from Jisc, HEA, NUS and TSEP will be signposted to participants. All workshop materials will be made available from the Change Agent Network blog: http://can.jiscinvolve.org
FLINT, Abbi. Students and Staff as Partners in Innovation and Change.. The Journal of Educational Innovation, Partnership and Change, [S.l.], v. 1, n. 1, mar. 2015. ISSN 2055-4990. Available at: <https://journals.gre.ac.uk/index.php/studentchangeagents/article/view/218/203>. Date accessed: 25 March. 2015.
ctjfc joined the session How do we do it? Skills for effective student change agency  2 years ago
fieryred joined the session How do we do it? Skills for effective student change agency  2 years ago