ALT Learning Technologist of the Year 2016 – Finalist
Established in 2007, the ALT Learning Technologist of the Year Awards celebrate and reward excellent practice and outstanding achievement in the learning technology field, and aim to promote intelligent use of Learning Technology on a national scale. The Awards are open to individuals and teams based anywhere in the world. The 2016 Awards are sponsored by CoSector – University of London. ALT is registered in the UK, charity no. 1160039.
Selection process and criteria
Entries are selected by the judging panel chaired by the Vice-Chair of ALT from completed entry forms and interviews on the basis of evidence in the following 4 areas:
- A clear description of the actions taken to develop and support the achievement;
- Clear, credible, statement of individual or team approach to the technological, and/or methodological, and/or managerial, and/or teaching and learning choices made by the applicant (individual or team), during the period covered by the application;
- Major and beneficial impact on practices within the applicant’s or team’s organisation, community, or sphere of influence;
- Outstanding overall contribution in managing, researching, supporting or enabling learning, teaching or assessment with the use of learning technology.
The Awards were judged by a panel chaired by Martin Weller, Vice-Chair of ALT and Professor of Educational Technology at the Open University. The panel includes:
- Joel Mills – Technology Enhanced Learning Advisor, University of Hull and last year’s winner in the individual category;
- Carol Elston – Digital Learning Team, University of Leeds and last year’s winner in the team category;
- Melissa Highton – Director of Learning, Teaching and Web and Assistant Principal for Online Learning, University of Edinburgh;
- Vivien Rolfe – Associate Head of Department, University of the West of England and ALT Open Education SIG co-chair;
- James McDowell – Director of Teaching and Learning, School of Computing and Engineering, University of Huddersfield;
- Bella Abrams – Trustee of ALT and Director of Innovation and Technology at Hull College Group.
This badge is issued to finialists for 2016 listed on https://altc.alt.ac.uk/2016/awards/awards-finialists-and-community-choice-voting/