Registration and general info
- When will the Annual Conference 2017 start and finish? The ALT Annual Conference runs from the morning of Tuesday 5 to the afternoon of Thursday 7 September 2017.
- Where will the conference take place in 2017? In 2017 we will be hosted by the University of Liverpool. Travel information can be found at the bottom of this page.
- How much does attendance cost? See our registration page for info.
- When does registration close? Early bird registration closes at midnight on 5 July. Registration closes at midnight on 25 August 2017.
- When will I receive joining instructions? Joining instructions will be sent to all delegates approximately two weeks before the conference.
- What is the booking process for sponsors and exhibitors? See information about sponsorship and exhibition. If you have any questions, please contact Jane Marsh.
- What about dietary requirements? We can usually accommodate different dietary requirements, if you let us know in advance. Please let us know during the registration process.
- What if I have accessibility or other requirements? If there is anything we can do to ensure you can make the most of the event, please let us know during the registration process.
- What is your cancellation policy? Please refer to the registration page.
- How many participants will there be at the conference? We are expecting over 500 participants attending face to face and many more joining in online.
- What are the timings of the conference? The conference programme will be available in June 2017.
- I only want to book for one/two day(s) and want to know when someone is speaking. Please note that sometimes speakers, even keynotes, have to change times as a result of other circumstances and so we cannot guarantee that you will get to hear a specific speaker – the only way to be sure is to attend the entire conference.
- I cannot come to the conference but understand that I can participate in some sessions remotely. Yes, you can participate online. To keep up to date with news about the conference follow us on Twitter @A_L_T and #altc.
At and around the conference
- What is there to do in Liverpool in my free time? There are many attractions and museums to visit in Liverpool, including the redeveloped docklands area. Here is a little taster. More information is available via the Visit Liverpool website.
- Where is the university located? The main campus is close to the city centre. You can find directions on the University of Liverpool’s website.
- Where is the nearest train station? Liverpool Lime Street is just a 10-minute walk away. See the University’s website for directions. For details of timetables, tickets and other rail information, call National Rail Enquiries on +44(0)20 7278 5240 or visit the National Rail Enquiries website.
- Where is the nearest airport? Liverpool John Lennon Airport is 18 miles from the city and can be reached by express bus or taxi. Manchester Airport can be reached by bus or train. See the University’s website for more information.
- Is there parking at the conference venue? We advise all conference participants to use public transport. Limited car parking will be available. See the University’s website for more information and directions.
- I am new to the conference – what should I look out for? There is dedicated information for first-time participants included in the joining instructions. We’re looking forward to welcoming you!
- What is the ALT helpdesk for and where can it be found? We’re here to help. You can find us in the exhibition area.
- Is the conference area wireless enabled? Yes it is, and we will provide full instructions on how to access this facility with your joining instructions.
- Are there medical services at hand during the Annual Conference? During the conference the first point of contact for any first aid emergency is the University of Liverpool staff or conference helpers. They will direct you to the nearest qualified first-aider.