ALT’s Annual Conference 2018 will take place in Manchester from 11 to 13 September 2018.
For ALT’s 25th Annual Conference we will bring together different critical perspectives in Learning Technology from across our community that will examine the challenges ahead and question the shape of things to come.
This is your invitation to make your contribution to our 25th year as the UK’s leading professional body in Learning Technology. Sign up to join the Conference Committee now, submit a proposal in early 2018 or participate in other ways.
We are putting our values into practice and Members at the heart of the conference, so in this spirit the event will be chaired collaboratively by the Trustees of ALT, led by Sheila MacNeill and Martin Weller.
Preview of conference themes:
- Openness: open practice, resources, policy, data and governance
- Participation: working in partnership with learners, informed consent, literacy, empowerment and leadership, accessibility and equity
- Collaboration: working together on projects, scaling up, collaboration or across institutions and countries; real-time communication
- Independence: critical and political perspectives, research and analysis that questions the purpose or impact of technology used for learning, teaching or assessment; learner driven education
- Wildcard: educational technology research, practice or policy work from across sectors.