We are delighted to announce that registration for the 25th ALT Annual Conference 2018 is now open! More information and links to the booking form are available from our registration page. Register before 9 July to get the ‘early bird’ rate and if you are not already an ALT Member you can join to benefit from the member discount by adding that to your booking. More information is available on the membership options here. This year we have introduced a new discount which is available to non-members of ALT who are presenting at the conference, a member of the conference committee or full/part time students. For information on the different rates and how to register please visit here.
The 25th ALT Annual Conference: Be a part of it! Will take place from Tuesday 11 – Thursday 13 September at the University of Manchester, UK. The conference provides an international platform for Learning Technology research, practice and policy work from across sectors. This year’s programme will focus on the following themes:
- Participation through Learning Technology: including how to use technology to work in partnership with learners, how to create engagement and built informed consent, critical digital literacy, accessibility and equity;
- Collaboration for Learning Technology: such as working together on projects, scaling up innovation, the role of staff empowerment and leadership, collaboration or across institutions and countries, how learning technology can enhance (a)synchronous collaboration;
- Critical perspectives in Learning Technology: critical, historical and political perspectives, research and analysis that question the purpose or impact of technology used for learning, teaching or assessment; learner driven education;
- Openness and Learning Technology: for example open education practice, resources, policy for openness in education, open data and open governance;
- Wildcard: if your work doesn’t relate directly to any of the conference themes, then we encourage you to select the wildcard theme when submitting your learning technology research, practice or policy work from any sector including Further Education, schools, vocational learning and training, lifelong learning and work-based learning.
We are putting our values into practice and Members at the heart of the conference, so in this spirit the event will be chaired collaboratively by the Trustees of ALT, led by Sheila MacNeill and Martin Weller.
We are delighted to confirm the keynote speakers for this year:
- Dr Tressie McMillan Cottom, Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Amber Thomas, Head of Academic Technology, University of Warwick
- Dr Maren Deepwell, Chief Executive, Association for Learning Technology
Register now at https://altc.alt.ac.uk/2018/registration/
Keep up to date on all conference news by following #altc on Twitter or via the conference platform at https://altc.alt.ac.uk/2018/