This is truly a wildcard session that is aimed at all those who want support in starting their CMALT portfolios. Sometimes, it can be a struggle to get going with the writing aspect, and if you don’t have someone on hand to support and guide you, it can be a daunting process. This proposal for a workshop comes off the back of a presentation I did at the ALT Online Winter Conference where I shared my own experiences of gaining CMALT, and is influenced and inspired by the responses in the ‘chat’ and via social media channels afterwards.
The session will discuss portfolio structure, with real-life examples, as well as an activity for participants to address the 1c: Supporting the deployment of learning technologies section, using Gibbs’ reflective cycle to shape their response. Peer support and opportunities to discuss ideas will be encouraged throughout.
Participants will leave the room with the tools and ideas that will help them complete their portfolios, and can choose to pick a ‘buddy’ from those in attendance if they wish to.
Although this workshop doesn’t really apply to the conference theme, I hope by offering this I can give back to ALT something of value that can help those wanting to gain CMALT.
1) My own experience of working towards CMALT (me – 10mins)
2) Choosing what to talk about for 1.a with examples (small groups – 10mins)
3) ‘Heads down’ solid writing using Gibbs’ reflective Cycle & crib sheet (individual – 20mins)
4) Share your work/ideas with your group (small groups – 10 mins)
5) Feedback to the room on what your next steps are
My workshop resources can be found here 🙂 https://mahara.catalystdemo.co.uk/view/view.php?id=195