26-28 April 2022
Organised by the Association for Learning Technology and Co-Chaired by the Global OER Graduate Network, this year’s 13th annual conference for Open Education research, practice and policy will be the first hybrid edition of this much-loved event.
OER22 takes place over three days, 26-28 April 2022. The first day of the event will take place in London, UK, with the second and third day of the event taking place online.
The full three day programme will feature speakers from across sectors and bring together experts to discuss the most urgent questions facing institutions and individuals as they scale up the use of technology for learning, teaching and assessment. The conference will put the spotlight on both the value and limitations of Open Education in a (post)pandemic world.
This year’s themes include;
- Theme 1 – Pedagogy in a time of crisis: what does an ‘open’ response look like? How has the word of open education changed since we last convened in person in 2019? What role do open approaches play in shaping a (post) pandemic pedagogy?
- Theme 2 – Open textbooks: with the crisis for students and institutions deepening in the UK and across the globe, and renewed calls for new policies for open textbooks being issued, this theme is for research, practice and policy submission exploring their potential and impact;
- Theme 3 – Open in Action: exploring open teaching, educational practises and resources, we are looking for submissions that show openness in action in different contexts and from a range of perspectives.
- Theme 4 – Open research: this theme focuses on the importance of open scholarship or research around any aspect of open education;
- Theme 5 – Wildcard proposals that demonstrate fun and creative practice in relation to openness are very welcome.