Before the conference
In advance of your session at the ALT Online Winter Conference 2017, please see the guidance for presenters below.
Presenters’ pre-conference checklist:
- Registration: If you haven’t already, please register for the conference at http://go.alt.ac.uk/winterconf-reg.
- Programme: The conference programme is now published at https://altc.alt.ac.uk/online2017/. Please check your session is listed correctly.
- Cancellations: If you are no longer able to give your presentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Running your session
Guidance for presenters on webinars
Due to a tightly packed schedule, we will adhere to strict time limits for webinars:
- Webinars are allocated 45 minutes in total
- Presenters should plan for a 30-minute presentation including any interactive elements and Q&A
Discussions can be continued in the Virtual Conference Café.
Each session will be moderated by an ALT Trustee or a member of the ALT Staff Team, who will introduce the session and ensure that timings are adhered to.
You will be able to access Blackboard Ultra up to 30 minutes prior to your session start time, in order to prepare and upload any presentation slides. A member of the ALT Team will be in the session from this time to grant you the necessary moderator rights.
Webinars can be accessed directly from the online programme. Simply click ‘Join Webinar’ on each of the sessions within the programme at https://altc.alt.ac.uk/online2017.
New to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?
- Get started: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started/Basics
- How to record: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started/Record_Sessions
- Setting up Audio & Video: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started/Use_Audio_And_Video
- Using chat: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started
Collaborate help: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started
If you have any technical difficulties prior to or during your session, please contact email@example.com.
Guidance for presenters on Tweetchats
Tweetchats will be led by the presenter. A suggested combination of hashtags is included on your session page.
If you haven’t already done so, please let us know your Twitter handles for the chat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 noon on 11 December. This will enable us to include this in the conference information and help promote the chat via the official conference channels.
If you have any questions or are no longer able to host your chat, please contact email@example.com.
After the conference
Following the conference the online conference platform will remain available at https://altc.alt.ac.uk/online2017/. If you are writing about the conference, share your posts by using the #altc hashtag.
As this is only the third online event of this size that we are running, your feedback will be especially important this year, so look out for the evaluation form.
All sessions at this conference are led by ALT Members and we’d like to say thank you for helping us put together such a varied programme. Thank you!