When designing online learning sometimes all it takes is a spark of an idea to develop what could be an astounding activity for our students. In this session we will create a shared open resource of ‘sparks’ – an essential toolkit for any learning technologist or learning developer!
For the purpose of this activity our students are fully online, their tutor and the module they are enrolled in aims to develop and extend their digital capabilities. In response to five learning outcomes, we will collaborate to post ideas for online activities to help our student be successful in their studies.
- Locate, review, and interpret information and data
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts, theories and principles
- Appreciate and reflect on new ideas in a spirit of open interaction.
- Select and apply appropriate concepts and methods to approach and solve problems effectively.
- Identify and construct arguments and communicate them effectively.
Participants will be guided through the 60 minute rapid-fire edit-a-thon by a tweetchat (KTDigital for @UCEMOnlineEd using the hashtag #GettingSparky ), with ideas posted to a Padlet board (https://padlet.com/k_lindsay/nxjq2r4y24vn). We’ll tag activities as we go to produce a wall of ideas to a spark your own learning design conversations. For more information on the activity and tweetchat visit: https://blog.ucem.ac.uk/onlineeducation/posts/675 .
Who will post the most ideas? Which ideas will receive the most ‘likes’? We’ll be asking the ALT community to reflect on all the submissions and vote for their favourite. Points mean prizes so make sure you join us!