Delivered online over the course of a calendar week (7 days), the Digital Student represented the first significant collaboration between three areas of professional services within the university. This has led to important reflections on the nature of collaboration work within professional services, and the advantages of such approaches. The instructional design approach that was taken to developing the course applied the concepts of MOOCs. As this was delivered within the institutional VLE Canvas and was opened to all students and staff at the University of Hull, it may, however, be better described as a Small Online Closed Course (SOOC).
A range of technologies and tools both within and external to Canvas were used to deliver this course. This included:
- the delivery of a digital badge through Credly to reward participation,
- online discussions,
- Tweet chats,
- Collaborative Google Doc,
- Video delivery via Panopto,
- Content delivery via LibApps.
Participants will gain an overview of:
- Using an institutional VLE (Canvas) to deliver a SOOC,
- Building learning communities across staff and student audiences,
- Collaboration in delivery between three professional services areas,
- Learning points and changes for the next run.
Michael Johnstonjoined 4 years, 3 months ago
Apostolos Koutropoulosjoined 4 years, 3 months ago
Jillian Pawlynjoined 4 years, 3 months ago
Simon Raejoined 4 years, 3 months ago
Emma-Jane Brazierjoined 4 years, 3 months ago
Mark Lawrencejoined 4 years, 3 months ago
Graeme Prescottjoined 4 years, 3 months ago
Katherine Turnerjoined 4 years, 3 months ago
Chris Joblingjoined 4 years, 3 months ago
hperkinsjoined 4 years, 3 months ago
ALTjoined 4 years, 3 months ago