Once created your name will be on the online programme for each session. Please make sure you are registered for the conference so that you receive all the information including joining instructions.
What’s involved in being a session chair:
- Arrive at the session 15 min before it’s due to start (usually a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra room, which you access via the link on the session page in the programme). A member of staff will give you moderator access to the session;
- At the start of the session, please introduce the session as you normally would in a face to face conference and help the presenter facilitate Q&A at the end or during the session as needed. Keep the session running to time.
- We aim to record all webinar sessions unless the presenter requests us not to. We ask that you start and end of the recording and we will then make sure the link is put up after the event.
- At the end of the session, please thank the presenter and the participants and point them towards the online programme for more information about what’s one next.
Unable to come?
In the event you are unable to be at the session you are due to chair, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Below, for reference, is the guidance we provide to presenters.
Before the conference
In advance of your session at the ALT Online Winter Conference 2019, please see the guidance for presenters.
Presenters’ pre-conference checklist:
- Registration: If you haven’t already, please register for the conference
- Programme: Once the conference programme is published please check your session is listed correctly.
- Cancellations: If are no longer able to give your presentation, please contact email@example.com.