During the conference lunch break from 1.00-1.45pm we invite you to come and join some of our Member and SIG group Committee Members who will be holding various informal networking sessions. This is your opportunity to drop in to the group of your choice, get involved and find out more about what they do. All Welcome!
This session will be run in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- ALT Northern Ireland Member Group Come and join us for a short and informal session on what ALT Northern Ireland can offer colleagues working with technology in educational settings across the sectors.
- ALT East Midlands Member Group A chance for the EMLT community to come together online to look back and share stories and experiences of an unprecedented 2020 whilst looking to 2021
- Active Learning Special Interest Group The Active Learning SIG was established earlier this year. Come and join us for a short and informal session to share practice and network.
- CoOL Special Interest Group The newly formed Copyright and Online Learning (CoOL) special interest group has been created following increased interest in copyright issues since the start of the pandemic. This interest has been reflected in the successful webinar series “Copyright and Online Learning at a Time of Crisis” presented by Chris Morrison and Jane Secker and hosted by ALT since March 2020. Join Jane, Chris and other founding members of the group to discuss its priorities, make suggestions and help them ensure the group’s remit reflects the needs of the education community.
- Immersive Technologies Special Interest Group The Immersive Technologies SIG was established earlier this year. Come and join us for a short and informal session to find out more about our exciting plans.
- ALT Open Education Special Interest Group The OE SIG focuses on connecting open communities of practice across a broad spectrum (open access / open data / open source / open education / open textbooks / OER etc ) and disseminating open practice through regular webinars, social media and other related activities. Aligning with the ALT strategic aims, the OE SIG advocate for open within their institutions and relevant sector. We are actively seeking more members. Please do join us to say hello during the ALT Online Winter Conference.
- ELESIG ALT ELESIG is a community of researchers and practitioners involved in investigations of learners’ experiences and uses of technology in learning across all education sectors. We want to support the use of the theory and research and further develop the practice of researching learners’ experience in the context of technology enhanced learning/e-learning. Our network meeting is chance for current and new ELESIG members to get together and get to know others in the community.
Guest speaker: Dr Brett Bligh, Department of Educational Research, Lancaster University, and co-Director of the Centre for Technology Enhanced Learning. Brett will present an overview of the current challenges and the opportunities at this time for learning technology research, and help the ELESIG community move forward with a better understanding of the importance of research and theory as part of unique shift towards online learning.
Launch: ELESIG Scholar Scheme (pilot): Scholars and Advisors are sought for the launch of the new pilot ELESIG Scholar Scheme starting in 2021. Further information including the application process, benefits and expected time commitment will be provided at the session.