We look forward to welcoming you to ALT’s Online Winter Conference, 15-16 December. We are especially delighted to have hundreds of participants from over 10 countries come together to celebrate all things EdTech! Thank you for joining us #altc.
Don’t leave it to the day to test your login – we strongly recommend that you test logging into the website now so that you can identify any access problems:
We have worked hard to make the Conference engaging, sociable and useful and these joining instructions contain important information to help you make the most of the event. Please also download your virtual guide to the Conference.
- Virtual Conference Guide
- Social programme
- Meet the sponsors
- Meet the speakers
- Help Pages
- Code of Conduct and Netiquette – a guide for social media sharing
Access to the Conference
The Conference website uses your main ALT/Conference username and password, which you would have created when you became an ALT Member or registered for the event. If you did not register yourself or don’t know your username, you can request a new password/username and if you are still stuck, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining Conference sessions
Webinars which are part of the Conference programme are all delivered using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. To join these sessions you will need to be logged in to the Conference website and viewing the session details page, from there you can click the ‘Join Webinar’ button – watch the video for help.
Help with Blackboard Collaborate
Even if you are familiar with Blackboard, it is important that you check in advance that your system and connection are capable of handling a session. Please see our Using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra page.
Tips for getting the most out of the conference:
- Make a commitment: We have a full programme every day. Block out time or consider participating away from your usual desk to avoid interruptions.
- Be prepared: Check that you are familiar with the timetable and how to access sessions.
- Be realistic with your time: It might not be realistic to participate in every session, so look for sessions that interest you the most.
- Keep other participants in mind: The conference is open to everyone with a diverse set of skills and will include those whose first language might not be English. Please keep this in mind when engaging with others.
If you are a speaker, please have a look at the Guidance for Speakers which includes information about how to make your session more accessible.
We have an action packed social programme to help you network and get involved with the community.
Don’t forget that you can also log in to the conference site to make your personal schedule and follow/comment on sessions. More information on how to do this is included in our video ‘how to guides’.
If you can’t find help online the Conference Helpdesk is here to support you:
Telephone: +44 (0)1865 819 009
Have a fantastic Online Winter Conference and if you get a chance pop by the virtual cafe!
The ALT Team