Who are we?
ALT ELESIG is a community of researchers and practitioners involved in investigations of learners’ experiences and uses of technology in learning across all education sectors. ELESIG, formerly the Evaluating Learners’ Experiences of e-learning Special Interest Group, was established in 2008 to advocate for the theory and practice of researching learners’ experience in the context of technology enhanced learning/e-learning.
As ALT ELESIG members, we work together to share knowledge, practices and develop a shared repertoire of resources.
We aim to build our capacity by:
- sharing good practice and developments in learner experience research methodology and methods.
- sharing the outcomes of specific learner experience research studies, including successes, issues and challenges.
- identifying areas of shared interest for cross-institutional collaborations.
- raising the profile of learner experience research within the sectors.
- collaborating with other stakeholder groups involved with learner experience research,including students as partners.
ALT ELESIG Committee
- Chair – Dr Denise Sweeney University of Nottingham
- Vice-chair Dr Jim Turner Liverpool John Moores University
- Secretary – Jessica Humphreys University of Warwick
- Ashwini Datt (University of Auckland), New Zealand lead
- Hanrahan Highland (University of Bristol), South lead
- Rob Howe (University of Northampton), Midlands co-lead
- Laura Hollinshead (University Derby), Midlands co-lead
- Dr Tünde Varga-Atkins (University of Liverpool), North West lead
- Avril Edmond (University of the West of Scotland), Scotland co-lead
- Dr Mary McVey (University of Glasgow), Scotland co-lead
- Sandra Partington (City University), London lead
- Professor Rhona Sharpe (University of Oxford), Honorary member
- Sarah Knight (JISC), Honorary member
- Dr Vicki Dale, (University of Glasgow), Honorary member