Equality and diversity are at the very heart of the values of ALT which inform all aspects of our activities and services, especially our events. We aim to be open, transparent, inclusive, democratic, fair and free from discrimination in order to best meet the needs of all our members, ALT staff and the wider community.
The Association is committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions and will seek to do this by:
- communicating our commitment to equality and diversity to all members of the ALT community;
- communicating where responsibility lies for equality issues i.e. with the Trustees;
- providing appropriate training and briefings for Trustees and staff;
- actively promoting equality and diversity;
- challenging discrimination based on age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity;
- ensuring that legislation and policy requirements are implemented into all our working practices.
ALT is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone at our events. We do not tolerate harassment in any form and we ask you to be courteous and considerate to your fellow users. We appreciate you may not agree with the ideas or views expressed by others and whilst we encourage debate we remind you that these discussions should remain civilised. Users violating any of these rules will be removed.
Participating in our events you must:
- Treat all participants, attendees, ALT staff, and vendors with respect and consideration, valuing a range of views and opinions.
- Be respectful and collaborative; communicate openly and with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, ALT staff, and suppliers/vendors.
Should you be a victim or witness of inappropriate conduct our contact details can be found on the Contact Us part of the ALT Website.