Open Education Conference
Advancing open education practices
4-6 April 2023, Inverness, Scotland
We are proud to announce that the 14th annual conference for Open Education research, practice and policy is organised by ALT, the Association for Learning Technology, in partnership with UHI, the University of the Highlands and Islands.
UHI has a unique place and deep roots in its communities, and we are looking forward to bringing OER participants from the UK and across the world to its campus in Inverness in the heart of the Scottish Highlands.
OER23 will bring together the strong Scottish Open Education movement and international participants to leverage our shared expertise for change in policy and practice.
The conference will be co-chaired in partnership with the GO-GN Global OER Graduate Network, connecting emerging researchers and a global perspective with local and national knowledge.
This year’s conference themes
The conference will put the spotlight on Advancing Open Education Practices through five themes:
- Celebrating the impact of Open Education and OER;
- Open Education research and policy around the globe;
- Open Education in Scotland – celebrating 10 years of the Scottish Open Education Declaration;
- Embedding and supporting Open Education through curriculum design;
- Wildcard. Creative practice in relation to openness.