With Massive Online Open Courses being a popular topic of late, the MSc in E-learning Team from the University of Edinburgh talk about their steps into the world of MOOCs with the launch of their E-learning and Digital Cultures course on Coursera.
We have three reviews of events that took place in June:
- Michelle Hyland from JISC RSC North West summarises their ‘All the fun of the (technology) fair’ event.
- Tim Seal from SCORE, Open University reviews the UNESCO 2012 World Open Education Resources Congress.
- Gráinne Hamilton from JISC RSC Scotland reports on the Scottish Mobile Learning Day.
Find out more about the ALT Special Interest Groups (SIGs):
- Shirley Evans provides an update on the work of the Inclusive Learning Special Interest Group (ILSIG)
- The M25-Learning Technology group have just become an ALT Regional Interest Group. Julie Voce and Mimi Weiss Johnson provide an overview of the group and an update from the July meeting.
Finally, we find out what it’s like to be ALT’s Chief Executive as Maren Deepwell provides an insight into a week in her life.
Acting Editor, ALT Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article we invite you to join the Association for Learning Technology (ALT) as an individual member, and to encourage your own organisation to join ALT as an organisational or sponsoring member