The ALT Active Learning Special Interest Group was established in July 2020. The AL SIG provides a platform for sharing practice across, primary, post primary, further and higher education sectors to learn what has worked and most importantly what hasn’t to give our staff and students the confidence and expertise to use apps appropriately, effectively and to also build their digital capabilities.
- To support colleagues from UK and Ireland (and wider) across sectors in Primary, Post Primary, Further Education and Higher Education to appropriately adopt apps and emerging technologies into their practice that facilitate active learning pedagogies in face-to-face, blended and fully online delivery modes.
- To explore the pedagogic affordances of apps in all learning environments as well as the barriers and opportunities for collaborative partnership in new, unexpected and remote online learning situations.
- To increase colleague awareness of data protection regarding Apps and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) practice.
- To support the adoption of appropriate apps through learning design and scaffolding student digital capabilities. Incorporating collaborative and inclusive practice as well as facilitating innovations in assessment design that help build and foster digital capabilities of students and staff.
- To provide a platform for sharing and learning from excellent practice across the education sectors.
- Our current priorities and ideas for 2023/2024 include continuing with our webinar series and blog. The new Officers can help us shape ALT ALSIG’s activities going forward.
Nominations for Officer roles
Nominations are invited for the following Officers of the Organising Committee:
- Vice chair;
- Officer/s (HE)
- Officer/s (FE)
- Officer/s (Primary)
- Officer/s (Post-Primary)
- Officer/s (Professional training)
- Officer/s (Other)
We encourage representation from across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland.
As per its Constitution, Committee Officers of ALT ALSIG are unpaid posts and will be appointed for 3 years.
Individuals may nominate for more than one role and should submit separate nominations for each. Committee Officers need to hold a membership within ALT (either individual or work at an organisation with an institutional ALT membership). These roles provide great opportunity for developing and evidencing leadership for Advance HE Fellowships and other CPD avenues. More information on the work of the committee can be found on the ALT ALSIG website.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest should include:
- A statement of interest, experience and envisaged contribution in relation to the Role of the Organising Committee as outlined in the Constitution, and willingness/ability to attend ALT AL SIG OC meetings. Maximum 200 words.
- Proof of ALT membership (individual or institutional).
Submit expressions of interest to the form by 12:00 noon GMT 3 January 2024.
- Call opens 4 December 2023.
- Deadline 12:00 noon GMT 3 January 2024.
- Voting process will take place in January 2024.
- Votes will be invited from Group Officers and Membership.
- February 2024 – April 2024 new officers take up posts. Members of the Organising Committee will be available to mentor and support new officers between February and April 2024.