We are looking for nominations for officer roles for the ‘CoOLest’ of all the ALT special interest groups
The ALT Copyright and Online Learning (CoOL) Special Interest Group was established in December 2020 as a response to the growing need to understand copyright issues with the shift to online learning. The SIG focuses on copyright issues associated with online learning, digital education, and learning technology. It also considers broader copyright issues associated with access to information, ensuring that copyright is not a barrier to the use of educational technologies.
- The group operates as a community of practice and helps to support local communities of practice in the field of copyright, online learning and learning technology.
- It looks to develop and recognise copyright expertise within the educational community
- It advocates for copyright literacy within the community and more broadly.
In common with ALT Members Groups and SIGs this group will also:
- Support activities in line with ALT’s strategic aims
- Share ALT’s values of being participative, open, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and transparent
Our current priorities and ideas for 2024 include continuing with our popular Copyright and Online Learning webinar series, share regular updates via our newsletter and social media and publishing timely blog posts on copyright issues. All our webinars are recorded and made available via the ALT YouTube channel. The new Officers can help us shape ALT CoOL activities going forward but we are currently discussing issues related to copyright and accessibility, copyright and AI and copyright education initiatives. Further information about the work of the SIG in 2023 is available in our 2023 Annual Report and in our Chair and Secretary activities’.
Nominations for Officer roles
Nominations are invited for the following Officers of the Organising Committee:
Chair / Co-Chair;
We encourage representation from across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland.
As per its Constitution, Committee Officers of ALT CoOL are unpaid posts and will be appointed for 3 years.
Individuals may nominate for more than one role and should submit separate nominations for each. Committee Officers need to hold a membership within ALT (either individual or work at an organisation with an institutional ALT membership). These roles provide great opportunity for developing and evidencing leadership for Advance HE Fellowships and other CPD avenues. More information on the work of the committee can be found on the ALT CoOL website.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest should include:
- A statement of interest, experience and envisaged contribution in relation to the Role of the Organising Committee as outlined in the Constitution, and willingness/ability to attend ALT CoOL meetings. Maximum 200 words.
- Proof of ALT membership (individual or institutional).
- Submit expressions of interest to the form by 12:00 noon GMT 19 February 2024